Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Read A Book Day

Today, September 6, 2011, is National "Read a Book Day." Ironically it is also National "Avoid Procrastination Day." You can celebrate both of these days at the same time by sitting down right now and reading that book you've been meaning to get to.

In my opinion it would have been better to celebrate this day on the weekend but then who am I? I'm surely not a member of the esteemed panel that has been bestowed with the honor of creating such important holidays as:
National "Cream-Filled Donut Day"
National "Bubba Day"
Or the ever popular "Draw a Picture of a Bird Day"

Despite the fact that I didn't help create this day, I am going to get behind it's celebration 100%. In case you need some help finding a book, here are some great ones that I have read lately:

The Help by Kathryn Stockett
A Secret Gift by Ted Gup
Pink by Lili Wilkinson

All of these great titles and so many more can be found at your local school or public library. Get with the program and help support the efforts of these folks who have worked so hard to create days for us to recognize.