Monday, October 12, 2009

Xtranormal Booktrailer Experiment

Here is a really cool new website that I just discovered called Xtranormal. Aside from loving the name, I also really love what you can do with it. You can create these short videos using cartoonish characters and your own witty dialogue. It's super easy, in fact, their slogan is--"If you can type you can make movies." It only took me a few minutes to figure out how to use it and I made the following little book trailer in less than an hour.

I can think of lots of uses for these short movies. You could make a presentation for a class, do a little "thank you" video for someone or even just send a quirky, cheery movie to a friend. I don't really consider myself a techno geek, but I might have to rethink that. I love this kind of stuff, especially when I can use it and not want to slam my computer on the ground.